After leaking the Android 4.3 pre release the Next day Samsung started rolling out the Official Android 4.3 for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 International version. The PDA, CSC, MODEM all are same as the pre release one. According to users the annoying deep sleep and battery drain issue is still exist in this Official version too. All the problems are fixed by Samsung in the latest Android 4.3 december release.
Even Samsung made many changes in this Official Android 4.3 build, The much expected KNOX feature not implemented and the Launcher and widgets all are same as in the previous Android 4.1.2.
Post updated with single tar md5 flash method.
Post updated with bug fixed official Android 4.3 december release and Open Europe Firmware.All the buggy firmwares removed...Posted firmwares doesn't have any bug exist in the previous 4.3 version ... I flashed the Open Europe in my Indian Galaxy S3 I9300 and everything works fine...no lockscreen lag,no deep sleep issue...better battery backup.
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Indian Version Started receiving Android 4.3.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4¡äs theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface - Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let's you control various parts of the phone using voice commands - Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Via OTA or Kies currently the update available in Ireland and Switzerland only. But, still you can manually update to any of the build using Odin. In this post I included the steps to update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to Official Stock Android 4.3 using Odin.
- Before trying Manual update try OTA or Kies to check if the update is officially available in your region.
- This firmware is only for Galaxy S3 International version (GT-I9300)
- Backup all important data
- Battery must be 60% or above
- Kill all the kies processes in Task Manager
- Disable Antivirus
HOW TO MANUALLY UPDATE GALAXY S3 GT-I9300 TO OFFICIAL STOCK ANDROID 4.3 USING ODIN?
1. Download Galaxy S3 I9300 Official Android 4.3 firmware from SamMobile Or Samsung-updates
2. Extract downloaded firmware file zip.
Method 1 (Single File)
if the extracted zip have a single md5 file follow this method.
1. Download Odin v1.85 - Download
2. Now, Extract and Open odin3 v1.85.exe.
3. Power off your phone.
4. Now boot into download mode. ( Press and hold : Volume down key and Home button ( Center button ) ,now press and hold the power button to boot into download mode and Press Volume up on Warning)
5. In download mode connect your phone to PC.
6. Now look in to Odin... ID:COM box, it will be yellow with a port name and Added! message will be displayed.
( If not it will the problem of driver or USB ... check both )
7. In Odin..Click PDA and browse the extracted firmware folder and select the tar md5 file.
8. Finally Click Start button.