When you need to do a hard reset?
You can apply this operation in many cases, We will mention some of them here:
- After installing bad or unsupported application into your Samsung mobile phone which causes your phone to be frozen.
- Your Samsung mobile phone doesn't respond to any order after booting because of some software errors.
- Forgotten pattern lock in Samsung Android mobile phones.
- Forgotten user code.
- Forgotten phone code.
- Before or after installing new firmware updates into your device.
What to do before performing the hard reset?
- In case your Samsung mobile phone can connect to a computer then it is better to make a backup of your saved data using Samsung kies software.
- But in case that is not possible then you can check that your phone's battery has enough charging, Otherwise you should charge it.
Samsung I9300 Galaxy S3 Hard Reset Steps:
- Take out your phone's battery, SIM-card and memory card too.
- After 10 seconds put the battery back into your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key then press Power key.
- Keep pressing the above keys until Samsung logo appears,Then when you see the Green Android Man release all keys.
- You will be into Factory reset menu.
- Use Volume Down key to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.
- Use Power key to confirm the operation.
- You need to use the Volume Down key again to select "Yes delete all user data"
- Use Power key to confirm.
- After performing the hard reset, Select Reboot System Now option, And confirm it using Power key.
- Now the phone will reboots, Wait for it to be fully on and then you can start using it.
Notice: The hard reset operation will delete anything that are saved in your phone's internal memory, So make a backup of your data in case you can access them.